Monday night, Jared and I got into bed and about an hour later, my water broke. Jared and I had just finished our birthing classes the Saturday prior and hadn't had time to review what we learned. Jared was convinced that since I hadn't had any contractions yet, that we could go back to sleep and wait for those to start. It took a few minutes, but I was finally able to convince Jared that we needed to go straight to the hospital and that he wasn't dreaming. When I got there, I was only dialated to 1 cm. I knew then that this was going to be a long road. 15 hours later, she was born.
It was amazing watching her be born. Being 4 weeks early, the nurses and my doctor were pretty concerned that she would be able to breathe on her own. Once they were able to examine her, they found that she was going to be just fine. Now all she wants to do is sleep and cuddle - which is fine for us, because we just can't get enough of holding her.




4 comments:
She is so cute and tiny! Thanks for letting me hold her for a few minutes. I hope you guys get some sleep! Let us know if we can do anything for you.
My mom just told me last night about your great news. What a great Mother's Day present. I am glad that all is well with Baby Becca being so early. I wish you the best and know that you are going to be a great mom.
CONGRATS KATIE AND JARED! I was so excited when I read your blog today. I hope you guys are doing well. Good luck with the first few months, as they are the toughest!
What a doll! I can't wait to meet her on Thursday! Congratulations, you two!!
Love,
Cousin Allison.
Post a Comment