Tuesday, November 25, 2008

6 Months Old


Who can resist this cutie!?! Becca is now 6 months old and happier than ever. We have so much fun and everyday is a new adventure. Becca loves to go for walks so I am taking advantage of this as much as possible while the weather is still nice. Becca also loves her food and loves to sleep. I had to leave her with Jared for two days while I attended some training classes and boy was it hard to leave her. The first day I left the house crying and really mad that I had to be leaving her. (However, it was probably good that she spend some alone time with Daddy.)

I was so prepared for Jared to take care of her. I wrote out her schedule and all the little tricks I use to help her stay happy and for when it is time to go to sleep. Come to find out, none of this was going to work. Jared said that when she woke up, she just kept looking for me and wouldn't take her bottle. He said he tried for 45 min with no luck. This meant that she was not going to be able to fall asleep easily. She usually falls asleep while she is nursing, so he had to learn quickly that it is okay if she has to cry herself to sleep. But then, of course, she only slept for an hour (she usually sleeps for 3 hours when I put her to sleep). I felt so bad that things weren't going as well as planned. However, I was glad to know that my little girl was missing me as much as I was missing her.

The second day got a little easier; especially since I knew the end was near. The class I was at seemed to drag on forever, but when it finally did end, I raced home to my much missed little girl. She was so excited she didn't know whether to cry or smile. I never want to leave my little sweetie again!!

Thanks to everyone who helped Jared - mom for being on-call for any just-in-cases, Aimee for keeping my little girl smiling, Tuscanee for sharing her mommy, and all the other unseen helpers. We love you guys!!

1 comment:

Mike said...

Tuscanee just came in as I was reading this post and said, "oh, BABY!" She loves her friend Becca!