Thursday, July 2, 2009

Hawaii


Becca went on her first airplane ride this May. Our little family went to Hawaii for the first time all together. Jared and I had each been with our own families to Hawaii but never together and were excited to go. We were also really excited because Becca was going to spend her first birthday there. What a spoiled little girl.



Becca loved going swimming and actually enjoyed hanging out on the beach. Actually swimming in the beach water was another thing, though. Each time I would walk out into the ocean with her, she would snuggle her face into my neck and squeeze onto me so I couldn't let her go. It probably didn't help that one of the waves actually took both of us out. Luckily Grandpa Boyd was close by and was watching what was happening so he grabbed Becca. I was a lot more timid in going out in the water after that. Becca did enjoy licking all the sand of her hands and couldn't figure out why it kept coming back.



We also had a celebration for Becca's first birthday while we were there. Becca was spoiled with gifts from Grandma and Grandpa, Marme and Par, and her aunts and uncles. She hasn't totally figured out the concept of opening presents, but I loved helping her do that. When it came time to have cake, she was actually rather timid...


We actually had a practice run the Sunday before we left with some cupcakes at Grandma and Grandpa Glazier's. Becca was so excited about the cupcakes and totally went to town. When it came to cake in Hawaii, that was another story. Becca was not about to feed herself and was very content with mommy feeding her.

We had such a great time in Hawaii and can't wait for the time to go back. I guess I need to start planning her second birthday. How can you top Hawaii for your first birthday. I sure have my work cut out for me.

No comments: