Jared and I decided it was time for our family to go on vacation, so we booked a cruise down to Mexico. I was so excited. Some of Jared's employees were going so we thought we would tag along with them. This was going to be my first cruise. We even splurged and got ourselves a balcony room. We were planning on Taking Becca Roo and figured this way she could go to sleep and we could sit on the balcony and still enjoy our night. Three weeks before our departure, my sister Heather called and told us she would love to take Becca so we could just go. Jared and I had never left Becca over night before this point so I was really nervous - What if she didn't sleep, what if she cried the whole time, what was she going to do without her mommy and daddy. Jared and I couldn't decide so we gave it a test run. That weekend we had Becca sleep over at Heather's to see how she would do. She did awesome. It was actually harder on me then it was on her. That was the deciding factor. She was going to stay with Heather and Treavor. Jared and I were going on our first trip without her. And now I can say, everyone survived. I was even able to relax and just enjoy my trip.
Our cruise lasted for seven days during which, we stopped in Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta. What beautiful cities they all were. We had so much fun relaxing, swimming and touring. I'm even glad that we left Becca at home. We talked to Heather quite a few times and every time they were out doing something fun. I know Becca had a blast and was well taken care of. Heather said she loved playing with Sam and all his friends. She thought they were all there to play with her. She would get pretty upset in the mornings when Sam's friends came to pick him up for school and left her there alone. The best was when we came home, though. As Jared rounded the corner to walk down the hall to our condo, Becca was there waiting. She took one look at Jared and yelled, "DADDY!" She raced down the hall and jumped into our arms. I was kind of nervous that she might forget who we were so this was the perfect homecoming. Thanks to everyone who helped with Becca and made it so we could enjoy our little trip.
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment